Ellard supply Sleepmode Battery Backup Kits to guarantee means of exit, giving a power supply to door motors in the event of power failure
- Sleep mode on the unit extends battery life from hours to days
- Battery Backup kit can be supplied with either a single pole switch or remote control that both wakes the unit and starts the motor
- Custom designed and built control panel with plug connectors makes it easy to wire, and contains all cables needed
- The system can also be activated by a volt free signal from a fire alarm or other access control equipment
- Ideal as a retrofit for existing door installations
- Compatible with all Ellard tube motors, up to 350Nm
- Volt Free version available for use on single phase JM Fire Motors
- See the selection chart for further advise
Battery Back Up Troubleshooting
Nothing displays on the front panel
- Possible cause and solution
- Low battery – Charge the UPS for at least 6 hours
- Battery fault – Replace the battery with the same type of battery
- The UPS is not turned on – Press the power switch again to turn on the UPS
Alarm continuously sounds when the mains is normal
- Possible cause and solutions
- The UPS is overloaded – Remove some load first. Before reconnecting equipment, please verify that the load matches the UPS capability specified in the specs
When power fails, the back-up time is very short
- Possible cause and solution
- The UPS is overloaded – Remove some critical load
- Battery voltage is too low – Charge the UPS for at least 6 hours
- Battery defect. It might be due to high temperature operation environment, or improper operation to battery – Replace the battery with the same type of battery
The mains is normal but UPS is on battery mode
- Possible cause and solutions
- Power cord is loose – Reconnect the power cord properly
For further information or to place an order please contact one of our helpful sale engineers
Battery Backups Technical Specification
|Model||Capacity||Input Voltage||Votage range||Transfer Time||Waveform||Type & Number||Charging Time||Dimension||Net Weight|
|B60-800||800 VA/480W||220/230/240 VAC||162-290 VAC||Typical 2-6mS, 10mS max||Simulated Sine-wave||12 V/9 AH * 1||4-6 hours recover to 90% capacity||100*287*142||4.9|
|B60-1000||1000 VA/600W||220/230/240 VAC||162-290 VAC||Typical 2-6mS, 10mS max||Simulated Sine-wave||12 V/7 AH * 2||4-6 hours recover to 90% capacity||146*350*160||8|
|B60-1500||1500 VA/900W||220/230/240 VAC||162-290 VAC||Typical 2-6mS, 10mS max||Simulated Sine-wave||12 V/9 AH * 2||4-6 hours recover to 90% capacity||146*397*205||11.1|
|B60-2000||2000 VA/1200W||220/230/240 VAC||162-290 VAC||Typical 2-6mS, 10mS max||Simulated Sine-wave||12 V/9 AH * 2||4-6 hours recover to 90% capacity||146*397*205||11.5|
What is the Fire Rating for an Ellard Roller shutter?
It is the roller shutter that is fire rated rather than the Ellard motor. Therefore you would have to refer back to whom you bought the roller shutter from
What industrial door motors do you sell?
Here at Ellard ltd we specialise in supplying industrial door motors and supply a comprehensive range of motor types and models. This includes, direct drive, flange, sectional, garage door and tubular motors. Our selection is vast, so for a comprehensive list of our products and specifications you can visit our dedicated pages or get in touch with our expert team.
Do your traffic barriers have obstacle detection?
Yes, our Nubia traffic barrier has built in intelligent controllers which offer obstacle detection and built in lights to make them easy to see in the dark or in bad weather.
What are the benefits of direct drive motors?
Direct drive motors remove the need to use an elaborate system of cogs. This means that the full power of the motor goes straight into the pulling mechanism, making it an extremely efficient motor. Without the extra mechanisms, it also has a very low sound output comparatively to other methods.
Why should I use a fire motor as part of my fire safety plan?
Fire motors are often connected to your fire detection system and activate if fire is detected on your premises. They quickly and efficiently close helping to contain the fire and keep your employees/customers safe from the dangerous area. Government legislation requires that all fire doors must have an automatic function and all Ellard fire motors comply with the latest rules and regulations. All motors can be set to a Smoke Curtain mode, and our new Fire Door Control Panel has a panic circuit function to guarantee a means of escape.This allows you to re-open the shutter 3/4 then immediately re-close when fire alarm is still active.
Can I link specific access controls to my gate automation system?
Yes, our gate automation systems can be linked to keypads, switches, intercom systems and key switches, dependant on your specifications or security requirements. Take a look at the range of controls and accessories available for gate automation.
Can I add extra features to my sectional door drives?
Yes, we ensure that your sectional doors have easy wiring to add safety and access accessories.
What are the main applications for high speed motors?
High speed motors are used for a wide range of purposes and can increase the efficiency of companies when time is of importance. Beverage, food, car and chemical factories often use high speed motors both to increase productivity and provide a security barrier. They can also be interlocked to create a airlock function
What size strips do you supply your sliding door gear track?
Our track sections are cold rolled and in standard lengths of 2,000, 2,500 and 3,000mm and can be used for both side or top fixing. If you would like to learn more about our sliding door gear then please get in touch with our team.
Which motors are most commonly used for shutters and garage doors?
Tubular motors are the most common place motor for roller garage doors and shutters. They provide a durable, fast and quiet solution for both light and heavy applications. Tubular motors can be plugged into the mains through our easy fit panel to give you low voltage at the key switch or are backed up with battery power. Additionally, we provide garage door automation for sectional and balanced doors.